Saturday 25 September 2010

Vacillation

It is Saturday.
It was a planned day of study.
But the best laid plans...
I have managed to turn procrastination into a fine art.
If they gave degrees in shilly-shallying, I'd be guaranteed a first.
But they don't.
You should see my toenails. Neglected at the best of times, they've never looked so pedicured. Buffed, polished and filed...(under 'P' for 'procrastination').
MasterChef of the microwave meal, I even cooked a proper dinner. Starting with raw ingredients and everything!
That diversion exhausted 25 minutes more than the usual 'stab and ping' 5.
The house is cleaner than it's been in a very long time. And in the process I found things I do not wish to discuss here.
The lawn, which has become quite meadow-like recently, should feel optimistic for an unexpected shave tomorrow.
I may even walk the dog, who is small and doesn't need walking.
On the other hand, I could open a book or two...
In the battle of the lawn vs 'anything else', 'anything else' will normally win.
So I might actually get some study done tomorrow.
Then again, there's that drain that needs unblocking...

©Alacoque Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment