Saturday 25 September 2010

Roundhouse Kick to the Head

I am feeling decidedly nervous about one particular module: 'Exploring Hispanic Cultures'.
It's not the subject matter that bothers me, but the study methodology.
We have been forced into small groups and have to produce our assignments as a collective.
But I am a control freak. About this I am not in denial.
As we sit in our group for the first time, I notice one of us has no pen or paper.
Not a good start.
We introduce ourselves and offer up our reasons for choosing this module.
The person devoid of writing materials informs us he's 'just winging it.'
I say nothing and try to suppress my look of utter disbelief.
But in my mind I mete out a punishment which would make Chuck Norris proud.

©Alacoque Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment